Changes to our service levels
The details below are in addition to our usual T&C's which can be viewed here plus our COVID-19 specific risk assessment. If you booked with us on behalf of somebody else, please make sure that they are aware of these changes.
- Any outstanding balance due for your stay will be taken from the card details provided on the original booking the day before your arrival date. If the payment is declined, the guest will be notified and the balance will be due on arrival. Payment will need to be made by credit or debit card and a printed receipt issued.
- Our check in time is strictly from 2pm until 6pm. We cannot allow you to check in earlier than this or drop your luggage off with us. Check out is strictly before 10am; unfortunately, we cannot hold your luggage for you if you are on an afternoon train home. Please bear this in mind when planning your travel to and from us.
- Your room key and registration form will be in the room ready for you. You will directed to the correct room. We are unable to routinely assist you with your luggage to your room.
- Breakfast service: we will have two sittings - 8am until 8:30am and 9am until 9:30am. This allows us to reduce the number of guests in the dining room. We have placed the tables to maximise the space to adhere to the social distancing requirements. Each sitting will have a maximum of 4 tables, totalling a maximum of 12 guests. Please pre-order your breakfast the day before using the form provided. Arrive at your table at the correct time (8am or 9am) and leave the breakfast room at the end of your sitting (8:30am or 9:30am). Your breakfast will be prepared and served with staff wearing masks and gloves. Please stay seated during your breakfast sitting as much as possible. All tables and chairs will be cleaned down in between sittings and at the end of the breakfast service.
- Each room will have a mini-cleaning pack including pedal bin liners, washing up liquid, sponge, tea towel, soap, etc. as we will not be able to offer a room refresh service during your stay with us.
- Please take with you all of your unused food items, soap, etc at the end of your stay. All consumables have to be disposed of after each guest, so it would be a waste to leave them behind.
- Before the COVID-19 pandemic, we were trying really hard to reduce our use of single-use plastics. You will see us using a little more of this than we have done previously, but at the moment we have to do this for everyone’s safety.
- We will continue to provide mugs and teaspoons in the room for each guest. These are cleaned and sanitised at every room change over.
- To avoid waste but equally to ensure the correct amount of supplies are provided for you and your family, it is important that the correct number of guests are detailed on the original booking.
- We will be unable to fill water bottles/flasks for our guests. The water in all bedrooms is safe to drink, so please fill your flasks yourselves.
- On the day of departure, please ensure that all of your rubbish is in the bins (room and bathroom) and that the top of the bin bags are tied.
It saddens us that we cannot offer the same welcome that we usually do; we hope that this will only be temporary. If you need assistance during your stay with us, we still will be living on site but you just won’t see us as much. In your room, there will be details on how you can contact us during your stay. You might need help in an emergency, or you might just need some more milk and sugar!
We are still offering guests the option to postpone or cancel their booking if the changes outlined above do not fit your expectations. Please contact us to discuss this if needed.
Version 6, last updated 06.12.2020.