Crystal House Hotel Ltd COVID-19 Risk Assessment
COVID-19 is mainly passed on by person-to-person spread between people who are in close contact with one another and by droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. It can also spread through contact with a surface or object that has the virus on it. Cleaning helps minimise the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). Fortunately, normal cleaning methods do kill this virus. Cleaners, caretakers and concierges play an important role in keeping people in their buildings protected, and are on the frontline in the battle against coronavirus (COVID-19) to keep staff, customers, and particularly the most vulnerable safe.
Spread of COVID-19 virus.
Who Might Be Harmed
Staff, guests, visitors (including family), contractors, delivery personnel, family (who live on site).
- General; hand gel sanitiser dispenser in place at front entrance. Signage to use before entering property. Face coverings to be worn at all times in communal areas, including hallways, stairs and breakfast room when arriving for and leaving after breakfast service.
- General; stair hand rails cleaned down frequently throughout the day. Proposed times 10am, 2pm and 6pm.
- Delivery of supplies; handle with care. Outer packaging/wrap disposed of before entering the kitchen/store. Correct and usual stock rotation rules apply. Wash hands thoroughly after handling any delivery items.
- Check in; strictly between 2pm and 6pm.
- Check in; pre-print registration form. Guest to check and sign. This form will contain details of your group and will held to assist in the 'Track, Trace, Protect' scheme if needed. Pre-sanitised key is already placed in room. Guest directed to room. Guest to carry own luggage if possible. If assistance is needed, wear gloves and dispose of once job completed.
- Guest rooms; stock with soap, toilet roll, small washing up liquid, tea towel, small sponge, hand towels, bath towels, extra binbags, plus supply of tea/coffee/milk etc sufficient for the duration of their stay.
- Guest rooms; No servicing of rooms during the stay. Request the rubbish bags are tied securely and brought to reception each morning (to be disposed of in general waste). If assistance is required during the stay, guests are to use the messaging service via the Crystal House website. Details provided in the guest room.
- Check out; strictly by 10 am to allow full 4 hours to clean. Guest to leave room key in the room. Payment by card only, preferably remote payment online in advance.
- Room cleaning; wear gloves, dispose of after each room is cleaned. Bedding removed first and waste bins emptied. Unused housekeeping/hospitality items removed and disposed of. Wash bedding and towels at 60°C using standard detergent and fabric conditioner. All hard surfaces in the bedroom area, including light switches, plugs and door handles to be cleaned with multi-surface cleaner. Spray with anti-bacterial non-wipe spray. Floor vacuumed thoroughly. Bedding stock replaced. Housekeeping/hospitality tray replenished.
- Cleaning of bathrooms; wear gloves. Dispose of immediately after job complete. Clean all hard surfaces with anti-bacterial surface cleaner. Bleach toilet bowl. Replace toilet rolls, bathroom essentials, etc. Sweep and mop floor area. Spray hard surfaces with anti-bacterial non-wipe spray.
- Cleaning of hallway and stairs; frequent cleaning of hand rails throughout the day. Vacuum carpet areas. Sweep and mop tiled areas.
- Communal WC on first floor; out of use. Access only needed by staff/contractors as a cleaning store.
- Guests must not travel to Crystal House B&B if they or any member of their booking party have shown signs or symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days or have been advised to self-isolate.
- Developing symptoms of COVID-19; any guest or visitor who develops symptoms of COVID-19 whilst staying at Crystal House must leave immediately, along with the rest of their party. This may include guests from more than one room. A partial refund of their stay may be honoured, or credit held for a future booking. We strongly advise all of our guests to take out travel insurance before their stay with us.
- Developing symptoms of COVID-19; if any guest develops symptoms of COVID-19 in the 14 days following the day of departure from Crystal House, they MUST inform us as soon as reasonably practical of the symptom development. We will then make every effort to contact other guests who were in the premises at the same time. It is essential that the details we hold for you (email and telephone number, preferably a mobile number) are correct. The same applies if any member of staff develops COVID-19 symptoms. Public Health Wales will be contacted for advice in both situations in Point 14 and Point 15.
Daily evaluation of controls already in place.
Adaptations if required should be documented and implemented to ensure the safety of staff, guests, visitors and contractors.
All advice and guidlines that we follow are taken from the following sources:
Public Health Wales
'Good To Go' COVID-19 Industry Standard certificate
Version 5, last updated 06.12.2020